Originally from Canada, Marion Beckett relocated to Clearwater, FL in 1938. During her early years in the Bay area, she studied under William Pachner. In 1967, damage to her shoulder caused her to abandon painting for a time. When she began painting again, a dramatic shift had occurred in her work; no longer large abstractions, her work began to deal largely with the world of women. Marion’s involvement with the Art Club included oil painting demonstrations in the 1960s. The Arts Center hosted a retrospective of her work in 1987.