Great St. Pete Cupcake Contest
The Morean Arts Center invites you to compete in
the 4th Annual Great St. Pete Cupcake Contest!
Saturday, August 16
- Contestants must bring 12 cupcakes for submission in a disposable container ready for presentation. These will be used by the judges for scoring. You may be asked to cut them in sections for easy tasting and sharing.
- Please bring additional cupcakes for the public, the more the merrier! People’s Choice Award will be awarded at 3pm. The more people get to taste your entry, the better chance you have of walking away with the trophy!
- If using NUTS or ALCOHOL in your cupcakes, PLEASE label clearly.
- Participants must check-in at the Guest Services desk at the Morean Arts Center no later than 11:30am. Judging to begin promptly at 12pm with winners announced at 3pm.
- $15 fee for participants, FREE for audience. Registration will be capped this year, so register EARLY!!
- Audience will be allowed to taste entries on a first come, first serve basis. Monetary donations will be collected for votes for the People’s Choice Award until 2:15pm, so come on over and satisfy your sweet tooth! Ballots will be available for purchase, $1 per ballot (cash or credit).
Grand Prize/1st Place: Bragging rights around St. Pete and the coveted handblown glass cupcake trophy. The winning cupcake will enjoy fame and fortune as a celebrity on the Morean website, facebook page and city-wide media.
Please e-mail, snail-mail or drop-off entry form and liability waiver/photo release to the Morean Arts Center, c/o Judy Wood at 719 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Guest Services at 727-822-7872 for any questions or concerns.
Cupcakes will be judged on the following criteria for a max score of 50:
Icing/Frosting: 15 points
Flavor and Texture: 15 points
Presentation/Creativity: 20 points
Click here for registration form.
Photo and Liability waiver is available here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where will the contest be held? All participants will receive one third of a standard 6 foot table (2'x2' space) to display. All tables will be lined up throughout the the Morean Arts Center Galleries
- How many extra cupcakes should we bring for the public? As many as possible! We always have a large turnout, and the more cupcakes you have, the better chances you have of winning the People's Choice Award! People have made upwards of several hundred mini-sized cupcakes (preferable), but regular sized cupcakes are fine as well. The Morean will provide plastic knives and napkins to help divide them into smaller bite-size samples if need be. Again, quantity is up to you and how much you can make. It is not a requirement, but fun be a part of the excitement!