Current Positions: Development Manager
The Morean Arts Center in downtown St. Petersburg is seeking a full-time, non-exempt Development Manager responsible for all fundraising, membership, and development activities. The Morean Arts Center has 4 venues in and around downtown St. Petersburg including the Chihuly Collection, Glass Studio, and Center for Clay. The candidate must possess high energy and passion for the Morean’s mission to connect people with art and execute the fundraising plan of action. The Development Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships and guides the implementation of development strategies, projects and deadlines. As an advocate, this position is visible in our community and as part of a team, effectively improves our overall fundraising capacity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for developing and cultivating individual, corporate and foundation gifts inclusive of membership and special events
- Forge new relationships and build the fundraising “pipeline” to build the Morean’s visibility, influence and financial resources
- Achieve a minimum annual fundraising baseline of $100,000 in cash gifts and contributions through the solicitation of major gifts, fundraising events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Manage Annual Appeal campaign and a strategy of iterative, segmented communications supporting revenue growth in the Appeal.
- Manage the M-Circle program of engagement with major donors.
- Manage and grow the membership effort as a part of the development process and to demonstrate community support
- Work closely with other Morean staff members in Exhibitions and Education to secure funding for new initiatives that develop and fulfill the Morean’s financial strategy.
- Observe and report on funding trends that can help position the Morean ahead of major funding changes or direction
- Manage, review and assess all donor information to ensure accuracy in data entry, queries and statistical analyses (Intermediate to advanced computer literacy required, Altru experience or CRM skills preferred)
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Individual should have at least 3 years of fundraising experience and fundraising event planning along with a proven track record in raising major gifts ($5000 and above) in a non-profit organization, or comparable sales and customer relationship management expertise in for-profit organizations. Along with demonstrated success in fundraising/sales, the individual works well within a team of marketing, design and communications professionals, has excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and displays strong organizational skills along with a flexible, adaptable style.
The Morean Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please. Please send a cover letter with resume to email@example.com. This hourly, full time position is eligible for overtime and offers paid health insurance benefits, a 401(k) program, paid time off and other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Please sumbit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org