Make Your Own Jeweler’s Tools
Make Your Own Jeweler’s Tools with Brenda Gregory
January 31, 2021
Have you ever wanted to know how to work with steel to make your own tools? Many tools like hammers & bezel pushers are not finished or dressed when you purchase them. This workshop will provide you with the knowledge to make simple tools from things you already have or can easily purchase.
You will learn how to:
- Anneal, shape, harden and temper your finished tools
- Work with metal when it is red hot
- Create variety of stone setting tools used for bezel, prong & flush setting
- Make an elegant brass tool for prying opening fold forms
- Reface & dress hammers, and fix old hammers and tighten handles on
Bring to class if you have them:
- Old hammers & bezel pushers that need to be dressed (shaped properly and polished)
- Any old or broken steel tools
- Old files large and small (they can even be rusty) they do not have to be jewelry files
- Eye protection (if you have a face shield bring it)
Purchasing a gift for someone? Consider a gift card! Call us at 727-822-7872 or drop in during business hours!